by Executive Chef Hicham Elmadi
Butternut squash is a favorite here in our True Restaurant but even with all our butternut squash recipes, we just love to create new flavors. And this Thyme Butternut Squash Puree is something delicious and bursting with fresh flavor. Add this fat-free, healthy recipe to jazz up your favorite dish with some healthy, gourmet pizazz.
2 cups Butternut squash, cubed
2 T. Thyme, stuffed in cheese cloth
3 T. Chicken stock
¼ tsp. Butter
1/8th tsp. Salt
1/8th tsp. White pepper
• Steam butternut squash until cooked through and place into medium sauce pot and turn on low heat.
• Add 2 T. of warm chicken stock, butter and thyme cloth into the pot.
• Allow everything to cook together for 5-10 minutes—add salt and white better.
• Remove the thyme cheese cloth from the pot and squeeze out any excess liquid into the butternut squash.
• Add everything to a vitamix + additional T. of chicken stock and blend until smooth.
Serving Size: 1 oz.
Fat: 0 gm