4 Healthy Tips to Simplify your LifeApril 2, 2016
Fit Trends for the SpringApril 2, 2016
Hilton Head Health Fitness Interns Aaron Wood, Kristen Clark, Kelsey Camien
In order to start a healthier lifestyle, you don’t have to go from one extreme to another to create change. For example, going from no exercise at all to 2 hours of exercise everyday and expect that to habit to stick. Smaller progress can lead to long lasting, healthy change. By making healthy adjustments here and there, you can be more active and create a daily routine that’s easy to follow.
Don’t be an Office Potato
- Walk around every 20 minutes. This is great for mental function. It promotes focus and helps you be active throughout the day.
Healthy Exercise Snacks
- Try calf raises while standing in line or doing dishes.
- Perform some squats while you brush your teeth.
Extra Steps that Count
- Take the stairs instead of using the elevator.
- Park further away from the doors while grocery shopping, at your workplace or any parking lot for that matter.
- Add light cleaing as an every day activity to move more. Not to mention, keep your stress levels down due to your less cluttered home.
- Turn healthy eating into a daily ritual by cooking at home and meal planning.