Fitness Friday: Keep it Moving!April 2, 2016
The Perfect Healthy Gift for MomApril 2, 2016
Chef’s Note: You could use this same recipe for peaches, pears,apples or even plums.
1 ¼ cup Flour
½ cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ cup Butter, unsalted, softened
½ cup Non-fat Buttermilk
¾ cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 cup Water
6 cups Mixed Berries, fresh
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, butter, buttermilk, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until butter is evenly distributed.
- In a medium sauce pot, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add water and cook until you have made a sugar syrup, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium size Pyrex dish, place berries in dish then pour sugar syrup over berries. Top with cobbler mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 30 – 45 minutes.
Number of servings: 20
Serving Size: 1/20th of the pan
Fat: 4.5 grams