Fitness Friday: Dynamic Stretches for RunningApril 2, 2016
H3 Recipe: Holiday Recipe SpecialApril 2, 2016
1/2 cup Apple butter
1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 each Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Almonds, sliced
1/4 cup Strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and apple butter until creamy. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Using your hands roll a tablespoon of dough into a finger shape. Place the “fingers” on a greased cookie tray. Stick a sliced almond on the end of each finger for the fingernails. Use a table knife to make three indents for the knuckles.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 17 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- In a small sauce pan, cook the strawberry jam over low heat until it reaches a thin consistency.
- Remove from the heat and dip the “severed” end of each cookie into the sauce.
Serving Size: 1 cookie