Fitness Friday: Dynamic Stretches for RunningApril 2, 2016
H3 Recipe: Holiday Recipe SpecialApril 2, 2016
1 small Cauliflower, cut into medium-small florets
6 each Eggs
¼ cup Sour cream, light
2 T. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. Sweet paprika
3 T. Chives, finely chopped
¼ cup Sharp cheddar cheese, 2%
½ cup Smoked gouda cheese
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Olive oil
- Simmer cauliflower in a large pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes, or until semi-cooked. Drain and dry.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Break eggs into large bowl. Add the sour cream, mustard and paprika and whisk well. Make sure eggs and sour cream are thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the chives and 75% of the cheeses—season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large ovenproof frying pan. Fry the cauliflower for about 5 minutes (until golden brown on one side). Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower.
- Use a fork to spread the cauliflower evenly throughout the egg mixture. Cook on medium for ~5 minutes.
- Scatter the other 25% of the cheeses on top. Carefully transfer pan to the oven.
- Cook 10-12 minutes or until the frittata is set. Remove from oven and rest 2-3 minutes before slicing into 6 portions.
NUTRITION: 220 calories per wedge (14 gm fat, 16 gm protein, 9 gm carb, 2 gm fiber)