Fitness Friday: High Intensity Jump Rope Interval TrainingApril 2, 2016
H3 Vegetable Stir FryApril 2, 2016
Sweeten up your summer with this light and scrumptious Healthy Kitchen treat. These cupcakes are perfect for a special dessert for a 4th of July soiree.
¾ cup Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar, granulated
¼ cup Canola Oil
1 Egg, large
1/8 cup Lime Juice, fresh
1 ½ tsp Lime Zest
½ tsp Vanilla
¼ cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat free
1 Tbsp Tequila, white
¼ cup Tequila for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt; then set aside dry mixture.
- In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, combine the oil, egg, lime products, vanilla, yogurt and 1 Tbsp of tequila.
- With the machine on low, slowing add the dry mixture into the wet. Scrape the side with a plastic spatula to make sure everything has been well mixed .
- Using a 1 ounce scoop, place the batter in a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cupcakes should be slightly springing to the touch.
- Once removed from pan, use a pastry brush to lightly put two layers of tequila on the warm cupcakes.
- Serve once tequila is absorbed.
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Fat: 5 grams
We hope you enjoy the delicious Hilton Head Health approved, summer treat! What will you be doing this fourth of July?