Fitness Friday: Dynamic Stretches for RunningApril 2, 2016
H3 Recipe: Holiday Recipe SpecialApril 2, 2016
The Book of Awesome, written by Neil Pasricha has been a recent favorite of mine. Anyone that was a part of the Blue Ridge Relay (David, Chef Jen and Sarah) knows exactly what I am talking about. You may call it a slight obsession, but it is full of inspiring prompts and reminders that there are so many things to feel good about—everything from “that guy who helps you parallel park” to “seeing someone laugh in their sleep.” I love his simple phrases so much that it has inspired me to create an H3 version of “AWESOMENESS” in regards to our food and nutrition program…here we go…
- Creating metabomeals that sound crazy to anyone that hasn’t been through the program. That’s Awesome. The applesauce, cottage cheese and ground cinnamon sound familiar? How about sliced apples (heated up) with walnuts and nutmeg…better yet, the peanut butter hummus.
- Teaching family and friends Bob’s unwise, better, best concept. Next thing you know, you are singing David’s song.
- The moment when you stare at the refrigerator and make the connection that “the answer is not in there.” Thanks, Lisette 😉 Awesome.
- Getting up during every lecture because you have to use the restroom. Water, water, and more water.
- Sitting in a cooking demo and thinking “I can do this.”
- You create a personal food rule that actually works.
- While you are finishing a pool class, your roommate makes sure you get your cup of regular coffee before 11:00 am hits. For all of those with a close relationship with caffeine and decaf isn’t an option….Awesome.
- Taking foodie pics and sending it to your family at home. Taking food logging to a new level.
- Eating grilled eggplant or asparagus and actually enjoying the flavor. Awesome.
- Waking up with a slight tummy growl. Feeling physical hunger. That is Awesome!!
Check out www.1000awesomethings.com for reminders that the little things in life can actually be the big things that make a difference.