Pistachio encrusted salmon may sound like something you’d order on a weekend vacation in the Bahamas. But we want you to enjoy this delicious gourmet treat in the comfort of your own home. This True* recipe is so easy to prepare and packed with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B-12, vitamin B3 and more. It’s the perfect option for lunch or dinner; pair this with our Basil Vinaigrette to add even more flavor!
Pistachio & Seed Mixture (per serving):
½ tsp. Pistachios, minced
½ tsp. Almonds, minced
½ tsp. Sesame seeds (can do mix of black and white)
4 oz. Salmon
1 tsp. White balsamic glaze, evenly divided
1/8th tsp. Salt
1/8th tsp. Pepper
¼ tsp. Olive oil
1 ½ tsp. Nut & Seed mixture –see above
• Prepare the nut mixture and set aside.
• Add ½ tsp. of white balsamic glaze to flesh side of salmon then season with salt and pepper.
• Bring a small sauté pan to medium high heat then add ¼ tsp. of olive oil followed by searing the salmon for ~2 minutes.
• Once slightly seared, remove pan off heat then top salmon with ½ tsp. of balsamic glaze + 1 ½ tsp. of the nut & seeds mixture.
• Finish salmon in the oven until the skin is crispy or the salmon is cooked through.
Serving Size: 4 oz. prepared encrusted salmon
Fat: 10 gm
Protein: 23 gm