4 Healthy Tips to Simplify your LifeApril 2, 2016
Fit Trends for the SpringApril 2, 2016
Today’s Healthy Kitchen recipe is the perfect fall treat for anyone with a sweet tooth looking for a healthier alternative. The spiced chocolate adds an extra layer of flavors when you bite into the sweet, tart crunch of a yummy Granny Smith.
|½ cup||Chocolate chips|
|¼ teaspoon||Cloves, ground|
|¼ teaspoon||Cinnamon, ground|
|16 each||Wooden skewers|
- Cut each apple into eighths and skewer each slice onto a wooden skewer.
- Fill a saucepot about half-way with water. Bring to a boil.
- In a large stainless steel bowl, add chocolate chips, cloves, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place the bowl over the boiling water, creating a double-boiler. (The boiling water should not touch the top bowl.)
- Stir chocolate constantly until melted.
- Dip skewered apples into the chocolate mixture.
- Place dipped apples onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Store in refrigerator until chocolate solidifies.
- Enjoy your chocolate dipped, spiced treat!
Nutrition: Servings: 4 | Serving size: ½ of an apple | Calories: 190 | Fat: 8 grams