Roasted Balsamic Cranberry and Brie CrostiniNovember 20, 2017
How To Be An Effective GiverNovember 21, 2017
Sweet potato hash is the perfect breakfast, especially if you have some potatoes leftover from a weekly dinner.
|2 each |
Red potato, small dice
Sweet potato, small dice
Bell pepper, seeded, chopped
|Red onion, finely chopped |
Green onion, white and dark parts, chopped
|Black pepper, ground|
|16 cups |
White distilled vinegar
- Steam the diced potatoes until fork tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the bell pepper and red onion and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes, spreading them in a single layer. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes start to brown and the pepper is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the green onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook, about 1 minute.
- To poach eggs—use normal protocol for poaching the eggs.
- For assembly:
- ½ cup Sweet Potato Hash, serve the poached egg on top of hash.
Nutrition: Servings: 8 | Serving size: ½ cup hash/1 poached egg | Calories: 250 | Fat: 9 grams | Sodium: 270 milligrams | Carbohydrates: 34 grams | Protein: 10 grams | Fiber: 5 grams