3 cups Cabbage, sliced
½ cup Mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup Green onions, sliced
1 tablesoon Chinese five spice
2 tablespoons Mirin
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame oil
4 Spring roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Cut all vegetables.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except for the spring roll wrapper.
- In a large, hot sauté pan add sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add vegetable mixture. Sauté until softened. Taste vegetable mixture to ensure seasoned to taste.
- Once ingredients are well mixed, place a 1/4 cup of the mixture at one corner of wrapper.
- Fold the corner where you placed ingredients over, holding ingredients in wrapper.
- Then bring both in sides over the folded corner and continue to roll.
- Seal end of wrapper with egg beaters or non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake until crispy for about 15-20 minutes.
How to wrap into egg rolls:
Step 1: lay out wrapper
Step 2: place ingredients in corner
Step 3: fold corner over food
Step 4: bring in both sides of wrapper
Step 5: Continue to roll
Serving Size: 1 egg roll
Fat Grams: 2
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
1/3 cup Rice vinegar
4 Tablespoons Brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Ketchup
1 teaspoon Soy sauce (low sodium)
2 teaspoons Cornstarch mixed with 4 tsp. cold water
- Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce and bring to a boil in a small pot.
- After sauce comes to a boil, add the cornstarch and water mixture.
- Stir constantly and sauce will thicken as it continues to boil.
- Once sauce is thickened, pull off heat and serve with your favorite dish!
Serving Size: 1 ounce
Fat grams: 0