COCONUT ICE CREAM
3 3/4 cups Sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon Coconut extract
5 each Eggs
5 cups Milk
35 ounces Cream of coconut
1 cup Half and half
2 teaspoons Salt
• Plan ahead and freeze ice cream bowl the night or day before.
• Put coconut extract, milk, cream of coconut, half and half, and salt into saucepan.
• Bring to a light simmer, slowly warming the milk mixture.
• Then beat eggs in a separate bowl.
• Slowly temper the warmed milk mixture into the beaten eggs while whisking. Once the egg mixture has slowly warmed, add the rest of the milk mixture.
• Add sweetened coconut flakes.
• Allow ice cream mixture to completely cool about 2 hours in the refrigerator, then place in ice cream freezer bowl, and turn until thick and semi frozen.
• Place in metal bowl or pan and let freeze for at least 4 hours.
Serving Siza: ¼ cup
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Sodium: 115 mg