GRILLED HERB RUBBED FILET
2 each Beef tenderloin, cut into 4 ounce portions, trimmed
1 teaspoon Rosemary, fresh, chopped
1 teaspoon Thyme, fresh, chopped
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Crushed black pepper
1 each Non stick pan spray
- Preheat grill, cast iron skillet, or sauté pan.
- Season filets on both sides
- Lightly spray pan with non stick pan spray
- Once heat source is hot, place filets on cooking surface, which ever you picked.
- If grilling or using a cast iron skillet with ridges, make cross hatches by placing filet on surface for about 4 minutes, then turning the filet 45 degrees on the same side.
- Then flip over and repeat. This should achieve a medium rare filet.
Chef’s Note: Remember that different thicknesses will determine cooking time. If filet is really thick you may want to grill mark it and then finish cooking in the oven. Medium rare reaches about 135 degrees internally.
Number of Servings: 2
Serving Size: 1 filet
Fat Grams: 8
8 ounces Sea Scallops, with chain taken off
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
¼ cup White Wine
or 2Tablspoons of Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Rosemary- fresh/ chopped
1 Tablespoon Thyme- fresh/ chopped
- Pre-heat large skillet, fry pan or grill
- Add olive oil to skillet or brush scallops with oil for grill.
- Coat each scallop with fresh herbs and seasonings.
- Then place each scallop in hot fry pan or grill.
- Let fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Once you flip over scallops, deglaze the pam with the white wine or lemon juice. If using the grill, have white wine sauce and lemon juice warming, then place cooked scallops in pan with sauce.
- Once the liquid had reduced, take scallops out of pan and serve over rice pilaf or multi-grain pasta dish.
Serving Size: 4 each
Fat: 3 grams
H3 DEMI GLACE
1 clove Garlic, fresh, chopped
2 cups Veal or beef stock
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 Tablespoon Parsley, fresh, chopped
1 each Bay leaf
5 each Black peppercorns
½ teaspoon Salt
Pinch White pepper
2 teaspoon Tomato paste, or low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoon Butter (this is to make a small roux with the flour)
2 Tablespoon Flour
- In medium sauce pan heat to medium high heat.
- Sauté shallots and garlic until translucent and tender.
- Then deglaze the pan with stock.
- Add herbs and spices, and cook until reduced by half on low.
- Add tomato paste. Let cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Then make roux and slowly add while whisking into warming reduction mixture.
- Thicken until desired consistency.
Serving Size: 2 ounces
Fat Grams: 3