With the masters going on and Heritage coming up next week, golf is certainly the focus of many people these next couple weeks. Today, we’re going to take a look at how flexibility and stretching is a great way to improve your golf game.
Stretching is performed for the specific purpose of increasing the functional range of motion around the joints affecting the golf swing. Flexibility is a key component for a powerful swing.
Limited range of motion contributes to improper mechanics, fatigue, and injury. Without flexibility training your muscles will shorten over time and so will your swing. Here is a comprehensive list of benefits you’ll see by increasing your flexibility through a regular stretching program…
- Increases range of motion allowing you to stretch and reach further
- Improves distance, power and accuracy
- Reduces the incidence and severity of low back pain
- Improves your power in explosive activities
- Increases improved circulation and blood flow
- Relieves muscle soreness after intense physical activity
- Improves posture and muscle balance
- Increases muscle coordination
- Promotes a synchronized golf swing
- Increases neuromuscular coordination
With that said, start stretching and get out there and improve your game!