- 4 each Italian eggplant, cut into spears
- ¼ cup Mirin
- ¼ cup White miso
- 1 tablespoon Granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the eggplant on the baking sheet and coat each piece lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggplant is cooked through and browned slightly on the edges.
- Meanwhile, mix the mirin, white miso, sugar, and sesame oil together in a bowl.
- Once the eggplant is ready, toss it with the miso glaze.
- Turn the oven up to 425°F and transfer the eggplant back to the baking sheet.
- Place the eggplant back in the oven and allow the glaze to become sticky and caramelized.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Fat: 0.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Sodium: 160 milligrams
Fiber: 5 grams
Protein: 2 grams