There are so many ways to be creative with your potatoes! The picture above shows our chefs when they were getting into football season with twice baked potato footballs. The recipe I attached today is something new for y'all to try... potato tulips!
- 6 Potatoes, red bliss, medium size
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ cup Skim milk
- 1 Tablespoon Chives
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Turkey bacon bits
- ¼ cup 2% Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoon Scallions (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with pan spray.
- Wash potatoes well, as you will keep the skins on.
- Steam potatoes until fork tender.
- Then let cool slightly, cut in half then scoop out the centers and place in mixing bowl.
- Keep tulips set aside then warm sauté pan with tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once oil is hot sauté tulip skins until lightly or golden brown. Then place on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile in mixing bowl add the warmed skim milk, chives, onion and garlic powder, salt, turkey bacon, and cheddar cheese.
- Mix with hand beaters or stand mixer until potatoes are smooth.
- Place whipped potatoes in piping bag if available and pipe mixture into sautéed potato tulips.
- Then place in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Garnish with scallions and serve with mock sour cream.
Number of servings: 6
Serving Size: 1whole potato/2 halves