What do people do on Memorial Day? Memorial Day is an important day in America. It’s a day to give thanks, to pay tribute and to remember those who gave their lives to protect our country. In reality, we should be thankful every single day of the year, but the third Monday of May is the official day where we all come together to honor our fallen soldiers. It's also a time to have picnics, Cook outs, spend quality time with family and friends and celebrate loved ones. Let us be a part of your Memorial Day this year and bring our H3 Macaroni salad to your gathering!
1 cup Whole wheat macaroni
¼ cup Low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Mustard, yellow
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
½ cup Onion, diced
3 stalks Celery, diced
1 cup Green bell pepper, diced
½ cup Carrot, diced
- In a medium saucepot add water, and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, once the water has reached the boiling point.
- Allow the pasta to boil 10-13 minutes (a little past al dente).
- Strain the pasta out of the water and spread on a sheet tray, allow cooling.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper mix well, to make a dressing.
- Prepare all of the vegetables and toss with the pasta and dressing. ac
SERVING SIZE ¼ cup
FIBER 2 grams
CARBOHYDRATES 10 grams
PROTEIN 2 grams
Chef’s Note: Adding onion, celery, carrots, and peppers to this salad will bulk up the nutrition of the salad and make the serving size seem larger.