3 each Eggs, whites only
½ teaspoon Butter, unsalted, melted
¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
4 cups Potatoes, mashed
1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
1 teaspoon Thyme, fresh, chopped
½ teaspoon Salt and pepper mixed
1 ½ Tbsp Cornstarch
1 1/3 cups Skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray 4- 8 ounce ramekins with non-stick pan spray.
- Sprinkle the ramekins with the bread crumbs
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet
- In medium sauté pan, add butter, and mashed potatoes, and seasonings.
- Then add skim milk, and corn starch slurry (cornstarch and cold water)
- Bring to light boil over medium heat while whisking frequently.
- Reduce heat, and stir in gruyere cheese.
- Once cheese is melted pull of heat and let mixture cool.
- In separate bowl whip the egg whites with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Then carefully fold vegetable milk mixture in with the firm egg whites.
- Place equal portions of the egg mixture into the ramekins.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the center is firm and slightly golden brown.
- Garnish with scallions.
Number of servings: 6
Serving size: 1 each
Fat grams: 4