1 c. Fat free half and half or half and half
2 c. Skim milk
¾ c. Sugar
4 c. Pineapple, fresh, chopped
4 each Egg yolks
- Plan ahead and freeze ice cream bowl.
- Place chopped pineapple in a food processor, process until smooth.
- In medium sauce pot, mix milk, pineapple puree, and half the amount of sugar (1/3 cup).
- Warm milk mixture until about 120 degrees.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg yolks with the remaining sugar. Then add to the pot and whisk constantly until well mixed and cream has thickened. Do not let boil.
- Pull off of heat and remain whisking or stirring for about five minutes. This avoids an opportunity for the egg yolks to scramble.
- Let milk mixture cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Then place in ice cream freezer bowl, until fairly stiff.
- Enjoy with your favorite fruit or by itself.
Number of Servings: 12
Serving Size: ¼ cup