4 Peaches, very ripe, sliced medium thickness
2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
3 Tablespoons Meyer’s rum
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Pecans, chopped (optional)
4 slices Whole wheat bread
1/2 cup Egg beaters
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add sliced peaches and brown sugar. Once peaches and brown sugar heat and sugar dissolves, add the rum and cinnamon. Let the rum reduce and stir occasionally.
- Pecans if wanted can be added at the very end.
- Combine egg beaters, cinnamon and vanilla extract into a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat a non stick skillet or griddle and spray with canola oil. Dip each slice of bread into the batter
- Place battered slices on skillet or griddle. Lightly brown on each side.
- Serve 1 slice with Meyer’s Peach Topping.
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 slice
calories: 55 (Peach topping not included)
Fat Grams: 2
Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
Fat Grams: 1 (with the pecans)