2 cups All purpose flour
½ c. Ground flax seed
1 tsp. Olive oil
½ lb. Chestnuts, crushed
3 c. Ricotta, fat free
½ c. Parmesan cheese
2 T. Shallots, sautéed or softened
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
1 Egg mixed with little water (for making pasta stick)
- Preheat large pot of boiling water.
- Set up food processor, with “S” blade attachment.
- Add flour and flax.
- Add eggs and oil to food processor bowl.
- Process until the flour is incorporated and evenly moistened. The best button is the pulse button on your machine, if you have one.
- Then lightly flour your work area and knead your dough.
- Then let the dough rest for about 30 minutes
For the filling, mix the crushed chestnuts, using the food processor works great for that, then add the ricotta, parmesan cheese, sautéed shallots, and pinch of cinnamon.
If using a Kitchen Aid mixer, and using the pasta roller attachment, then simply feed the dough through and it should start to roll it thinner. Repeat until you get to level 4 on your pasta roller. Level 4 is a good thickness for your raviolis.
- Once your pasta is rolled out then simply use a 1 ounce scoop for your filling.
- Make sure to keep plenty of space between raviolis.
- Around and in between the raviolis you should brush on the egg mixture with water, this helps the next sheet of pasta that gets placed on your filling to be able to stick so your filling does not come out during the cooking process.
- Then use a ravioli cutter or even a circular cutter to cut the raviolis then place fingers around the sides of the ravioli and press to make sure all filling is sealed inside.
- Boil pasta for about 12 minutes or until pasta is soft and slightly aldente. Pasta will float after a few minutes but continue to let cook.
Servings Size: 2 raviolis