If golden color is desired, turn your oven up to broil for the last couple minutes of cooking to get a golden color on top. Also, remember that if you are working with a large or thicker fillet to make sure you adjust the cooking time.
4 ounces, 2 each Chicken breast
2 T. Panko crumbs
2 cups Basil leaves, fresh
2 T. Pine nuts
4 T. Parmesan cheese, fresh
1 T. Olive oil
1 T. Fresh garlic, minced
2 tsp. Lemon juice
½ tsp. Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In food processor place all the pesto ingredients
- Processes until ingredients are well blended and somewhat smooth.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on baking sheet.
- Pat one tablespoon of pesto on top of each filet.
- Then sprinkle panko over top of each chicken breast.
- Lightly spray over chicken with pan spray.
- Place sheet pan in oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or as is, is great!
Active Time – about 20 minutes
Total Time - about 20 minutes
SERVING SIZE 1