Sweeten up your summer with this light and scrumptious Healthy Kitchen treat. These cupcakes are perfect for a special dessert for a 4th of July soiree.
¾ cup Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar, granulated
¼ cup Canola Oil
1 Egg, large
1/8 cup Lime Juice, fresh
1 ½ tsp Lime Zest
½ tsp Vanilla
¼ cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat free
1 Tbsp Tequila, white
¼ cup Tequila for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt; then set aside dry mixture.
- In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, combine the oil, egg, lime products, vanilla, yogurt and 1 Tbsp of tequila.
- With the machine on low, slowing add the dry mixture into the wet. Scrape the side with a plastic spatula to make sure everything has been well mixed .
- Using a 1 ounce scoop, place the batter in a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cupcakes should be slightly springing to the touch.
- Once removed from pan, use a pastry brush to lightly put two layers of tequila on the warm cupcakes.
- Serve once tequila is absorbed.
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Fat: 5 grams
We hope you enjoy the delicious Hilton Head Health approved, summer treat! What will you be doing this fourth of July?