Nothing is better than a fresh salad in the summertime. This H3 Healthy Kitchen Roasted Beet Salad with Candied Pecan is light, delicious and easy to make. Enjoy it with a tall glass of cool water to make this a healthy meal that will help you reach your weight loss and wellness goals.
Roasted Beet Salad
2 cups Roasted Beets, golden and purple (2 each)
1 small Onion, sliced, caramelized
1 T Extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Arugula, fresh
2 T Candied pecans, chopped
2 T Citrus vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim greens from beets. Cut off and discard stems. Coarsely chop leaves and reserve. Wrap each beet in foil. Place beets directly on oven rack and roast until tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Peel beets then dice into 1-inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl. While beets are roasting, make salad dressing and set aside in refrigerator.
- While beets are roasting, caramelize onion by adding 1 T. of olive oil to a heated non-stick pan. Cook onions down for at least 20 minutes until golden brown.
- To compose each salad, add 1/4 cup of each golden and purple beet onto a small salad plate. The fresh arugula can be underneath or mixed within the beets. Add 1 T caramelized onions, 2 chopped candied pecans (see recipe below) and 2 tsp of the Citrus vinaigrette. Enjoy!
1 cup pecans
3 T Sugar
- To make candied pecans, heat oven to 300° F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In small mixing bowl, add 1 cup pecans with 3 T of sugar.
- Lay sugared pecans on baking sheet and bake until pecans are golden brown and sugar has caramelized (20-30 minutes). Can be made 4 days in advance.
Serving Size: 1 composed salad
Calories: 110 kcal
Fat: 6 grams
I hope that you enjoy this delicious salad, and continue to incorporate more healthy meals, healthy recipes and healthy habits into your life to live an all around healthy lifestyle.
What's your all-time favorite summertime salad?