In the H3 Healthy Kitchen at Hilton Head Health weight loss camp and health spa, we believe you can treat yourself without cheating yourself. With the right health recipe and a balanced diet, you can satisfy your sweet tooth and savor healthy dessert recipes. Enjoy all the chocolate goodness you crave with less fat and calories.
¼ cup Unsalted butter
1 shot Kahlúa
1 tsp Vanilla
¼ cup Cocoa powder
1 cup Sugar
1 each Egg yolk
4 each Egg whites
1/8 tsp Cream of tartar
1 cup Fat-whipped topping
- Remove egg whites from your refrigerator.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add in the Kahlúa, vanilla, cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of sugar; whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Bring to a slow boil and then remove from the heat and cool.
- Whip the egg whites, the other 1/2 cup sugar and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites; gently fold in whipped topping.
- Scoop 2 oz of the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until firm.
Serving Size: 2 oz
Calories: 160 kcal
Fat: 6 grams
Whether you're working towards a wellness or weight loss goal, we hope that you enjoy this healthy dessert recipe!
What was your favorite recipe that you learned in the H3 healthy kitchen?
And if you haven't yet attended our weight loss camp and health spa, what's one dessert that you would love to learn how to make into a healthy dessert recipe?