Whether you're searching for a healthier dessert for the holiday season or trying to find a gluten-free dessert recipe, the H3 Healthy Kitchen's Flourless Chocolate Cake is the perfect dessert.
6 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted
1 cup Dark Baking Chocolate, chunked
6 each Egg Whites
½ cup Sugar, granulated
1 teaspoon Sugar, powdered
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Butter bottom and sides of each ramekin. Set aside.
- Place 6 T. of butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar to egg whites and continue beating until glossy stiff peaks form.
- Fold ¼ of egg mixture into chocolate mixture, and then gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter in prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cake pulls away from sides of ramekins and is set in the center.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature, dusted with powdered sugar.
Serving Size: 1 ramekin
Calories 90 calories
Fat: 6 grams