We love to create quick, easy, healthy recipes that call for simple ingredients for our Guests to take from their stay during their weight loss program or wellness program at Hilton Head Health and recreate these same recipes at home. Providing our Guests with healthy recipes and knowledge about nutrition helps to motivate them to continue their journey to sustainable weight loss and gets them closer to maintaining a more health conscious lifestyle. Seeing as desserts can be a sticky situation, we love to focus on healthy dessert recipes.
For today's healthy dessert recipe, try this H3 Berry Tart:
1 cup Berries, raspberries or blueberries
1 cup Whipped cream
2 1/2 ounces Cream cheese, fat-free, cold
2 ½ tablespoons Sugar
1/8 teaspoon Baking powder
½ tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
2 ½ tablespoons Ice cold water
1 cup Flour
2 ½ tablespoons Flour, for rolling out pie crusts
2 ½ ounces Butter, unsalted, cold
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a mixing bowl, with paddle attachment, mix all ingredients.
- Sprinkle a clean counter with a small amount of flour. Roll the dough out on counter and make sure the dough is not too thick.
- Once you have rolled out the dough use a round cookie cutter to press out 6 individual pie crusts.
- Place the pie crusts on a greased sheet tray. Leave about 1 inch between each pie crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the crusts from the refrigerator and bake for 10-12 minutes. Move the crusts from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once the crust has cooled, top with whipped cream and fresh fruit!
Serving Size: 1 tart
Fat: 8 grams
We hope you enjoy this healthy dessert recipe for the H3 Berry Tart! What's your favorite healthy dessert?