In the H3 Healthy Kitchen, we love marrying fresh flavors and healthy ingredients to create a healthy, classic dessert recipe. By making small recipe adjustments, we make desserts much healthier but still just as delicious and flavorful. Fresh lemons and blueberries are two flavors that pair so well together. Adding these flavors to a coffee cake batter adds a new dimension and flavor profile, creating the H3 Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake. This treat is only 150 calories per serving and it's sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Bon appetit!
3/4 cup Sugar
¼ cup Brown sugar
¼ cup Butter, softened
2 each Eggs
½ cup Egg beaters
1 cup All-purpose flour
2 cups Whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Baking soda
½ cup Greek yogurt, nonfat, plain
½ teaspoon Salt
1 ½ cups Blueberries, fresh
¾ cup Non-fat buttermilk
1/3 cup Lemon juice, fresh (about 3 lemons)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Lemon extract
1 tablespoon Lemon juice, fresh
1 tablespoon Skim-milk
½ cup Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare cake pan: lightly spray a Bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine: flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine butter, yogurt and sugars in a medium mixing bowl and cream at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix egg beaters with whole eggs then slowly add egg mixture to sugar mixture, beating after each addition.
- Combine buttermilk, lemon juice and extracts.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Then remove cake from pan to continue to cool.
- To prepare glaze combine milk, lemon juice and sugar with a whisk. Pour glaze over warm cake.
Serving Size: 1 piece
Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 4 gram
What's your favorite healthy dessert recipe?