We love to use inspiration from our own favorite recipes to create our H3 Healthy Kitchen recipes. By manipulating the ingredients and adding healthy alternatives, any recipe can become a delicious, healthy recipe. Even something seemingly unhealthy, can be made into something diet friendly! This H3 Loaded Baked Potato Salad is one of Chef Karla's is a staple for any summer cook-out. It's the perfect salad to accent any summer meal.
1 pound Idaho potatoes, quartered
3 Tablespoons Turkey bacon, cooked
4 ounces Reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ cup Green onion, minced
1 teaspoon Salt
4 ounces H3 Sour Cream
½ cup Reduced-fat pureed cottage cheese
¼ tablespoon Lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, allow potatoes to cook until fork tender for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cooked potatoes from water and transfer into a large bowl. Allow the potatoes to cool in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the H3 sour cream by combining cottage cheese and lemon juice into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine H3 sour cream, green onion, salt and cheese.
- Once the potatoes have cooled toss them in the sour cream mixture.
- Keep cold and serve!
Serving Size: ½ cup
Fat: 5 grams