In the H3 Healthy Kitchen, we love creating recipes using the tastes and flavors of the season. Now that fall is here, it is officially pumpkin season! Everything seems to be pumpkin flavored in the fall. However, all of these popular pumpkin recipes also seem to be unhealthy, processed and filled with sugar. They're sure to leave you feeling tired and groggy. Not our H3 Pumpkin Spiced Energy Bars! These bars prove that Pumpkin Spice can be healthy!
3 cups Pumpkin, canned
3 scoops Vanilla whey protein powder
3/4 cup Flax seed, ground
3 cups Oats
3 tablespoons Cinnamon, ground
1 1/2 teaspoons Nutmeg, ground
1 1/2 teaspoons Clove, ground
1 teaspoon Salt
1/3 cup Honey
¾ cup Dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the: protein powder, flax, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and clove.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the pumpkin and honey.
- Then combine the dry mixture and the wet pumpkin mixture; fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray a ½ sheet tray with non-stick spray then evenly spread batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted on top.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and cut into 30 servings.
- Store bars in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, otherwise freeze.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Fat: 3.5 grams
We hope that you enjoy this healthy spin on pumpkin spice! What's your favorite fall recipe?