In the H3 Healthy Kitchen, we love to take classic recipes and give them a healthy twist to cut down calories and unhealthy fat content so our Guests here at Hilton Head Health can still enjoy their favorite foods while forging their way on their health and wellness paths and weight loss journeys. Take this Tiramisu, healthy dessert recipe, for example, it's less than half the fat of most recipes and still just as delicious.
¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Sifted Powdered Sugar
4 ounces Fat-free Cream Cheese
¾ cup Fat-free Cool Whip
2 each Egg Whites
½ cup Hot Water
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Instant Coffee Crystals
1 Tbsp Kahlua
20 each Lady Fingers
½ tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Combine powdered sugar and cream cheese in a bowl, and beat at high speed until well blended.
- Gently fold in ½ of the cool whip, then let set in refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites (at room temp) at high speed until peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time. Beat until very stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy.
- Very gently fold part of egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture, then very gently fold in remaining egg mixture. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, combine hot water, coffee crystals and Kahlua – stir well.
- In a small loaf pan or baking pan, layer ½ of the lady fingers across the bottom. Drizzle with ½ of the Kahlua mixture. Next layer ½ of the cream cheese mixture over lady fingers. Repeat: lady fingers, Kahlua mixture and cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining cool whip and sprinkle with cocoa powder
- Place in freezer for 1 – 2 hours. Remove 1 hour before serving.
Number of servings: 8
Serving Size: 1 slice
Fat: 3.8 grams
We hope that you enjoy this healthy dessert recipe!