by H3 Healthy Kitchen Assistant Chef Carrie Adams
When our guests are looking for dinner recipes, they're looking for something easy to prepare with fresh vegetables, plenty of protein. Our H3 Healthy Kitchen Chicken Quesadilla is that type of recipe. Simple, fresh flavors combine to make an easy meal that the entire family will love.
1 each Whole wheat tortilla, 12 inch
4 ounces Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
½ teaspoon Cumin
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 each Roma tomatoes, diced
¼ cup Red onion, diced
¼ cup Green peppers or chilies, diced
¼ cup Part-skim mozzarella
1 ounce 2% Sharp cheddar cheese
- Warm a large sauté pan.
- Warm cast iron skillet, or George Foreman grill.
- Pan spray chicken breast, and place on grill (or cast iron skillet)
- While chicken is cooking, chop all vegetables.
- Season vegetables with cumin and salt.
- Once chicken is cooked cut into slices or chunks.
- Place tortilla in warm sauté pan.
- Put all ingredients (chicken, vegetables, and cheese) on half of the tortilla, and then fold over.
- Brown both sides of the tortilla, and then remove from pan.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces, grab a friend and eat.
Serving Size: 2 pieces
Calories: 300 calories
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 850 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Protein: 24 grams
This recipe is totally customizable; feel free to add other healthy ingredients to switch up the flavors. Use a different type of cheese or add more veggies like in we did in our Squash Quesadilla recipe.