Celebrating the holidays all begins with Halloween, inside the Healthy Kitchen. A perfect treat for your Halloween parties, the kids and for you!
1 envelope Unflavored gelatin
¼ cup Water
2 cups Skim-milk
½ cup Sugar
1 ½ cup Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Coconut Extract
2 each Kiwi, sliced thin
1 pint Fresh Raspberries
- Place eleven 6-ounce narrow wine glasses (for the perfect eyeball shape) otherwise use custard cups or ramekins in a shallow baking pan, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the water (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine ½ c of the milk and the sugar. Cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring to dissolve the sugar (do not boil). Add gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt until smooth. Whisk in the remaining 1 ½ cups milk and the coconut extract.
- Place kiwi slice at the bottom of the cup, then ladle mixture into cups/wine glasses.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate panna cotta for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, immerse the bottom half of each custard cup in hot water for about 10 seconds. Run a small knife around edge to loosen. Invert custard onto a dessert plate. Sprinkle custards with berries and garnish with fresh mint leaves and raspberry sauce.
- Place raspberries in a small sauce-pot and cook on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the raspberries have softened and cooked down allow to cool.
- Pour raspberries in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1 ramekin
Calories: 50 kcal
Serving Size 2 T
Calories 5 kcal
Fat: 0 gm