With some inspiration from our Halloween Eye recipe, we came up with our newest creation: a Severed Ear! It's amazing to see what can happen in the Healthy Kitchen with a little peanut butter mousse, some raspberries and creativity will create. Add this eerie but delectable treat to your Halloween spread.
Ear (Peanut butter mousse)
8 ounces Cream cheese, fat free
1 ½ cups Confectioners’ sugar
½ cup Creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup Milk, skim
16 ounces Cool Whip, fat free, thawed out
1 teaspoon Molasses (optional)
For the “blood”
1 pint Raspberries, frozen or fresh
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Slowly add milk and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in thawed cool whip.
- Add molasses if a darker, more realistic “skin tone” is desired.
- Cover and freeze until firm in a pastry specific ear mold.
- Once you remove the ear from the mold, enhance it with cocoa powder to add shape and dimension.
- Add raspberries to a small sauce pot turn on to medium heat and let cook for about 10-15 minutes or until raspberries soften. Cool
- Add raspberries to blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain seeds out of blended raspberries creating a smooth consistency, use cold.
Serving Size: ¼ cup
Fat: 3 grams