We LOVE Hummus here in the H3 Healthy Kitchen and we love St. Patrick's Day. So of course, we had to share our special hummus recipe to celebrate the green-hued holiday. Enjoy our Edamame Hummus recipe. It's the perfect, healthy dip or appetizer accompanied with some flatbread or raw veggies.
1 bag (12 ounces) Frozen shelled edamame
2 cloves Garlic
2 T Tahini
3 T Lemon juice, fresh
2 T Olive oil
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp Cumin, ground
¼ tsp Black pepper
- Bring edamame to a boil in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover; cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and run under cold water.
- Pulse edamame, garlic, tahini, juice, oil, salt, cumin and pepper in a food processor until mixture is the consistency of guacamole; add water 1 tablespoon at a time if too thick.
- Cover and refrigerate until party time.
- Serve with pita toasts, peppers or your favorite veggies for dipping.
Serving Size: ¼ cup
Calories: 90 kcal
Fat: 6 grams