by Healthy Kitchen Assistant Chef Carrie Adams
A snack bar that is healthy and actually tastes good is hard to come by. Thankfully, the H3 Healthy Kitchen is devoted to creating recipes that are both nutritious and delicious. The healthy Seed Bar recipe tastes amazing; plus, it's a easy and fun recipe to make with the entire family. So roll up your sleeves, grab the kids and start some healthy snacking!
½ cup Pumpkin Seeds
⅓ cup Coconut flake, unsweetened
3 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
3 Tablespoons Chia seeds
½ teaspoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ cup Canola oil
⅓ cup Apple Butter
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
½ cup 10 grain flour
1 cup Apricots, dried, chopped
⅓ cup Chocolate chips (optional)
Chef's Note: The apricots in this recipe can be subbed with any dried fruit, i.e., cherries, cranberries, dates, raisins, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together except coconut. Set aside
- Mix wet ingredients and cinnamon together separately.
- Combine all ingredients, its ok if it seems too crumbly.
- Press down in a greased 9x13” pan, sprinkle coconut on top.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool, cut and serve!
Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories: 140 calories
Fat: 8 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Sodium: 70 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams