Are you running out of ideas to use the very last of that leftover turkey? The H3 Healthy Kitchen has come to your rescue.
2 each Rye bread, slices
4 ounces Turkey, roasted, sliced
1 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
2 Tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
For the Coleslaw:
½ cup Cabbage, shredded
2 teaspoons Yogurt, plain, non-fat
1 tablespoon Mayonnaise, reduced-fat
½ teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon Celery seeds
1/8 teaspoon Paprika
½ teaspoon Honey
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all coleslaw ingredients, mix well.
- Place rye bread on a sheet tray. Spread Thousand Island dressing and top with turkey.
- Scoop ¼ cup of coleslaw on top of turkey and top with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 4-7 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Serving Size: 1 open faced sandwich with ¼ cup coleslaw
Fat: 9 grams