by Healthy Kitchen Assistant Chef Carrie Adams
Here in the Healthy Kitchen, we LOVE our crockpot recipes! It's such an easy way to create delicious meals without standing over a stove for hours at a time. Our Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki is a favorite for Guests that love ordering takeout. You get all the flavor without the excess calories and sodium overload.
8 (4 ounce) breast Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
2 cloves Garlic, minced
½ cup Onion, minced
1/3 cup Honey
½ cup Low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Ginger, fresh, minced
1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
½ teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups Broccoli, florets
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
2 Tablespoons Water, cold
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and line the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer, dust cornstarch on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together garlic, onion, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and combine.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ hours.
- Stir in broccoli florets and cook for another 15 minutes on high, or cook until broccoli is tender and bright green.
- Serve the Chicken Teriyaki as is or over brown rice, enjoy!
Serving Size: 4 ounces of chicken + ½ cup broccoli
Fat: 3 grams