With the amazing programming at Hilton Head Health encouraging you to live well and lose well, the theme of "transformation continues" in The Indigo Spa where the Skin Authority team has designed the Fit & Firm facial series to focus on helping you achieve your full skin health potential. Most importantly, it is about designing a simple daily product routine which fits your unique needs and home lifestyle. Just as a commitment to a daily workout routine and nutrition choices can transform your body, a commitment to the daily skin health product routine can transform your skin. Each Fit and Firm facial incorporates three key areas of focus: skin cardio, strength training and topical nutrition.
- Skin Cardio speeds up cell turnover so dry, damaged or discolored cells are revolving off while plump, moist, new cells are being brought to the surface for a clear, healthy glow.
- Strength training combines the power of specialized proteins and Vitamin D to build a stronger support structure for the skin. This step encourages the development of collagen and elastin which are nature’s fillers for a lifted, firm appearance and line reduction.
- Finally, your daily dose of topical nutrition is applied. Just as balanced nutrition is important to boosting your immune health, topical antioxidants are important to protect and nurture the new, fit cells we are producing daily. Less than 1% of the nutrition we ingest ever makes it way to the skin, so it is critical to give the skin its daily dose topically!
The transformation is visible immediately as your skin feels tighter, firmer and smooth to the touch. Your coach will assemble an easy-to-follow home product routine which will keep the results going between treatments. Some fun facts to keep in mind for a healthy skin lifestyle:
- Simplify – Having a problem sticking to a routine? Consistency is key. Simplify to no more than three to four steps in the morning and at night. In the morning, you need a mild gel cleanser, an anti-oxidant such as Vitamin C and a sunscreen moisturizer. Before going to bed, use resurfacing ingredients such as AHAs and retinols in addition to restorative peptides.
- Shop smarter - Shop for skin care the way you shop for food, by looking at the cost per ounce. Cheaper is not always what it appears. A product may be priced at $19.99, but it is .2 of an ounce, so the actual cost is $100 per ounce. For $100, you should be receiving professional grade results! Instead, invest in complimentary consultations with licensed experts, like those found at The Indigo Spa to select products ideal for your concerns with professional-grade ingredients.
- Concentrate on Concentrations – Take a look at the active ingredients and ensure that any treatment product has a pH below four. The human skin ranges from 4.5-5.5 pH. A product should be below the pH level of the skin for maximum penetration. Otherwise, you might as well be using water!