SICILIAN STYLE CATCH
4 each Fresh catch, 4 ounces each
1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Dried basil
1 teaspoon Fennel, ground
¼ teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Lemon pepper
¼ cup Black olives, pitted, chopped
1 cup Tomatoes, diced
¼ cup Basil, chopped
3 each Garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 each Lemon, juiced
- Preheat grill.
- To make the spice rub; mix together garlic powder, basil, fennel, red pepper flakes, salt, and lemon pepper.
- Generously sprinkle both sides of each filet with spice rub.
- To make the salsa; in a bowl, mix together olives, tomatoes, basil, garlic, cayenne, oil, and lemon juice.
- Grill the salmon filets turning once, until grill marked, firm to touch, about 3-4 minutes per side. Or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Serve the salsa over the grilled salmon filet.
Chef’s Note: This dish is delicious served with salmon, however, mahi-mahi or swordfish would be great too.
Serves: 4 Calories: 200 Fat: 9 grams Sodium: 170 milligrams Carbohydrates: 7 grams Protein: 23 grams Fiber: 2 grams