by Healthy Kitchen Chef Carrie Adams
If you're from the South, you've probably enjoyed your fair share of grilled peaches during the summer time. That sweet smell and flavor are one of our favorite parts of summer, here in the Healthy Kitchen; but this Grilled Lavender Peaches recipe takes grilled peaches to another level. When you add this lemon yogurt topping to the mix, it takes grilled peaches to the top!
4 each Peaches, halved
Lemon Yogurt Topping
½ cup Plain, nonfat greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Agave nectar
½ teaspoon Lemon zest
1 tablespoon Lemon juice, fresh
¼ cup Sugar
¼ cup Water
1 teaspoon Lavender, dry
- To make the simple syrup: Place water, sugar and dry lavender in a sauce pot. Turn heat on low and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Strain and pour syrup over halved peaches. Let this marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the grill on high.
- Place the marinated peaches cut side down and cook for about a minute. Flip over each peach half (to the uncooked side) and cook for another minute.
- Remove peaches to a serving plate.
- To make the lemon yogurt: Mix all remaining ingredients, whisk to combine.
- Place a ½ tablespoon of the yogurt mixture into the center of each peach.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 half of a peach + ½ tablespoon of yogurt