A healthy and delicious dinner shouldn't have to be drab or take a culinary degree to prepare. It should, however, combine delicious, fresh ingredients and be perfectly satisfying. Today, we decided to share a new favorite recipe, our Roasted Vegetable Orzo. Packed with yummy veggies and orzo pasta, it's simple to make and sure to be a big hit with your entire family.
½ cup Orzo, dry, whole wheat
½ teaspoon Olive oil
1 ½ cups Chicken stock, heated
2 cups Vegetables; zucchini, mushrooms, onions
2 each Garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Olive oil
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black pepper
1 Tablespoon Oregano leaves, fresh
½ Tablespoon Olives, sliced
1 teaspoon Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut all of the vegetables, combine in a large bowl, and toss with ½ teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on a sheet-tray.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-30 minutes.
- To make the orzo: preheat a large pan at medium heat, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add orzo until lightly toasted; add heated stock, roasted vegetables, stir, and cover. Allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until orzo has softened about 20 minutes.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Calories: 150 calories
Fat: 2.5 grams
Sodium 150 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 5 grams