May is Salad Month!
In celebration of salad month, breathe some life into your green staple with this simple healthy recipe! In less than 10 minutes you’ve got a salad that’s vibrant, nutrient rich, and mouth-watering good. Keep the party outside and convert this recipe to the grill for a healthy picnic side to pair with your favorite grilled masterpiece.
1 pint Sweet grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 bunch Asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 each Red onion, sliced thin
1 teaspoon Olive oil
1 teaspoon Garlic, fresh, minced
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar reduction
2 Tablespoon Feta cheese, crumbled
- In a bowl mix tomatoes, asparagus, and red onion.
- Heat medium sauté pan, on medium high heat.
- Add olive oil to the pan
- Once pan and oil are hot, add your bowl of tomatoes, asparagus, and red onion.
- After about 1 minute, add your minced garlic.
- Sauté for about another minute then add salt and red wine vinegar.
- Pull off heat and enjoy over a bed of arugula salad or any other green salad, then drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar and feta cheese.
Number of servings: 4
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Fat: 2 grams