Happy summer! Thai peanut chicken satay rings in grilling season with an ethnic twist. Marinated chicken threaded with sweet pineapple and crunchy bell peppers and grilled to perfection. Your friends and family are sure to swoon over this recipe.
|4 each||Chicken breasts, cubed (4 ounces)|
|1 cup||Red bell peppers, large dice|
|1 cup||Pineapple, large chunk|
|⅓ cup||Coconut milk, lite|
|⅓ cup||Peanut butter|
|2 Tablespoons||Olive oil|
|⅓ cup||Soy sauce, low sodium|
|2 Tablespoons||Light brown sugar|
|1 Tablespoon||Lime juice|
|1 teaspoon||Basil, dry|
|1 teaspoon||Garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|¼ teaspoon||Black pepper, ground|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Thread chicken on skewer alternating chicken, pineapple and pepper. Then repeat until skewer is full and all have been used.
- Mix marinade items all together.
- Toss built skewers in marinade and place in refrigerator. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or at most overnight.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160° F.
- Pour marinade into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add peanut butter and coconut milk and simmer until desired thickness, if the sauce is too thick add 1 Tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of sauce onto each skewer.
Nutrition: Servings: 4 | Serving size: 2 skewers | Calories: 230 | Fat: 8 grams | Sodium: 380 milligrams | Carbohydrates: 11 grams | Protein: 27 grams | Fiber: 2 grams