BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
4 (4 ounce) Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, trimmed and defatted, cut into strips or chicken tenderloins
¾ cup Corn starch
¾ cup Egg whites, or egg beaters
¾ cup Whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon Onion powder
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
2 cups Frank’s red hot sauce, or your favorite hot sauce
4 stalks Celery, cleaned, trimmed, cut into sticks (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray baking sheet lightly with pan spray.
- Prepare chicken breasts, or tenders, as directed above.
- In three separate bowls (medium size), place corn starch, egg beaters, and wheat flour in each of their own bowls.
- Season the wheat flour with the onion powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the corn starch first, shake off excess.
- Next, dip corn starch breaded chicken tenders in the egg beaters.
- Finally, dip the corn and egg beater breaded chicken tenders in the whole wheat seasoned flour and shake off excess flour.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Then warm hot sauce in sauté pan or microwave.
- Toss fully cooked breaded chicken tenders in the hot sauce and toss until evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve with H3 Ranch or H3 Bleu Cheese Dressing and a few celery sticks.
*Chef’s Note: These chicken tenders can be tossed with sweet and sour sauce, bang bang sauce or even barbeque sauce.
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 4 tenders
FOOTBALL SUGAR COOKIES
1/2 cup Apple butter
1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
1 cup Powdered sugar
1 each Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and apple butter until creamy. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Using your cookie cutter, cut out various footballs-themed shapes and place them on a greased cookie tray.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 17 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
Yield: 40 servings
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon uncooked cookie dough
Nutritional info: 60 calories
Fat: 3 grams
CILANTRO LIME GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS
4 4oz. Chicken breasts, each breast cut into 6 pc.
1/2 Fresh pineapple, large chunks
16 Wooden skewers, soaked in water
1 Cup Chicken Stock
4 Fresh limes juice and zest
1/4 Cup Fresh chopped cilantro
1 Tsp. Minced garlic
1 Tbl. Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Tsp. Crushed red pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 TSP. GROUND PEPPER
- Combine first 7 ingredients for the marinade, reserve.
- Prepare chicken and pineapple, skewer alternating chicken and pineapple.
- Lay skewers in a single layer cover with marinade wrap and chill, allow marinading for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove skewers from marinade, grill skewers.
Number of Servings: 4
2 cups Zucchini, grated
1/4 cup Red onion, minced
1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Cumin, ground
1 teaspoon Tabasco
1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
1 Each Whole wheat flour tortilla
- In a food processor grate zucchini.
- Place red onions and parsley into the food processor to mince.
- Pour zucchini, onions and parsley into a strainer allowing the excess liquid to drain.
- Once drained, pour mixture into a bowl, add cumin, Tabasco and cheese—combine well.
- Lightly spray one side of the flour tortilla and place oiled side down onto a medium hot skillet.
- Spread 1 cup of zucchini mixture onto 1/2 of the tortilla and fold the other half of the tortilla over the zucchini mixture.
- Cook tortilla on the first side until it is golden brown then flip to the other side and cook until it has also browned.
- When finished browning, place quesadilla on a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
*Chef’s Note: Serve with 1/4 cup black bean salsa, 1/2 cup Mexican slaw, or salsa. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Fat: 3 grams
Sweet Potato Fries
2 each Sweet potatoes,large
1 Tablespoon Rosemary, fresh, chopped
1 Tablespoon Thyme, fresh, chopped
2 teaspoon Olive oil
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Peel sweet potatoes then cut into thick long strips
- Chop fresh herbs and set aside
- In medium size mixing bowl, add oil, herbs, salt and pepper
- Toss chopped sweet potatoes in mixing bowl until they are evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for about 20 minutes. Be sure to check on them every 10 minutes to flip them over/around. This will aide in even browning.
Chef’s Note: These fries pair well with our Chipotle Ranch (recipe below) or H3 Bleu Cheese Dressing.
Serving size: ½ cup
CHIPOTLE RANCH DRESSING
2 cups Cottage cheese
2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
1 cup Low fat mayonnaise
1 cup Low fat sour cream
1 cup Buttermilk, fat free (optional)
2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
2 Tablespoon Onion powder
¼ teaspoon Sea salt
1 each Chipotle pepper
1 teaspoon Chipotle adobo juice
- Place the cottage cheese and lemon juice in the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together.
Number of Servings: 32
Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Fat Grams: 3
SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN “WINGS”
4- 4 ounce Chicken Breast
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Egg substitute
1/4 cup Water
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 tablespoon Hot sauce, Tabasco
1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 Tablespoon Orange juice concentrate
2 teaspoons Cornstarch
2 teaspoons Water, cold
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 pieces to create “wings”.
- Coat the chicken by dipping the chicken into the egg substitute and then tossing it in the cornstarch. Shake excess cornstarch from the chicken “wing” and place on a greased sheet tray.
- Bake coated chicken in oven for 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 160 degrees. (Once removed from oven, the chicken will carryover cook to 165 degrees.)
- For the sauce, in a small sauce pan mix the honey, hot sauce, soy sauce, crushed red pepper flakes and orange juice concentrate on medium heat.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and cold water, making cornstarch slurry.
- Once the sweet and spicy sauce has come to a simmer, add the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Add more or less to adjust thickness.
- Toss the baked chicken with the sauce and enjoy!
*Chef’s Note: This dish is great for football season! You can share with your friends as an appetizer, 1 chicken breast will serve 2 people. Or serve it up with your favorite vegetables or salad for dinner.
Yield: 4 servings
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 28 grams