This is a great simple yet crowd pleasing dish. Fresh and local seafood will make it even better!
1 tsp. Olive oil
½ lb. Mussels, cleaned and scrubbed
½ lb. Clams, cleaned and scrubbed
1 Onion, chopped fine about 1 cup
2 Garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
2 Bay leaves
½ c. Dry white wine, chardonnay or Chablis
¼ c. Fresh parsley, chopped
- Prepare a hot pan that has a lid about medium size like a large sauté pan.
- Add olive oil, wait until hot, and then add onions, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and bay leaves.
- Cook until onions and garlic are soft.
- Turn heat to medium high, and add cleaned mussels, clams, and white wine. Put a lid on it.
- Let mussels and clams steam for a few minutes but make sure to shake pan to move ingredients around in pan. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium low and simmer for another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove lid and discard any unopened shells.
- At the very end stir through the parsley and garnish with lemon wheels.
SERVINGS 8; SERVING SIZE 2 mussels and 2 clams; CALORIES 70kcal;
PROTEIN 7gm CARBOHYDRATES 3gm; SODIUM 160mg;