Wellness Wednesday: The Mindful Eating ChallengeApril 2, 2016
3 cups Brown short grain rice
3 1/4 cups Water
1/3 cup Rice wine vinegar
3 Tablespoon Sugar
- Rinse rice in a strainer until water runs clear.
- In a sauce pot add water and rice, and bring to a boil.
- Once rice is boiling, cover, and turn the heat down to low, let steam for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes remove the sauce pot from heat, and let the rice steam for an additional 15 minutes.
- In a separate small sauce pot, heat rice wine vinegar and sugar, just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice is steamed, remove cover and drizzle rice wine vinegar and sugar mixture over rice and fluff with fork.
Number of servings: 12
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat grams: 0