4 Healthy Tips to Simplify your LifeApril 2, 2016
Fit Trends for the SpringApril 2, 2016
Without a doubt pumpkin pie has to be one of top desserts for the holidays, especially for Thanksgiving. And it’s probably one of the most unhealthy, too, with around 300-350 calories per slice. Normally that would mean you should steer clear of this but not this year! The H3 Healthy Kitchen’s lastest recipe makeover is: Mini Pumkpin Pie. So you can have your mini pie and eat it, too!
1.3 ounces Cream cheese, fat-free, cold
4 Tsp Sugar
Pinch Baking powder
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
4 tsp Ice Cold Water
2/3 cup Flour
4 tsp Flour for rolling out dough
1.3 ounces Butter, unsalted, cold
1 cup Pumpkin
1 cup Egg Beaters
1 cup Evaporated Milk, fat free
1 cup Brown Sugar
½ tsp Ginger
¼ tsp Cloves, ground
¼ tsp Allspice
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl – with paddle attachment, mix all dough ingredients.
- Sprinkle clean counter with a small amount of flour. Roll dough out on counter, making sure dough is not too thick.
- Then place the large rolled out dough over the pie pan. Press dough down into pie pan to make a good fit. Cut off excess dough that drapes below the edge of the pie pan. Make sure to give yourself a little dough on the edges so you can crinkle the dough around the edges.
- Once you have cut the extra dough off, roll that dough back into another ball and repeat of you are making multiple pies – otherwise freeze.
- Crinkle the edges of the pie dough around the edges of the pan to make a nice design for your pie. Then place in refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl beat all filling ingredients on high for one minute.
- Pour into pie pan and bake 60 minutes or until firm and toothpick comes out clean.
Serving Size: 1 mini pie
Calories: 175 kcal
Fat: 7 grams