This is a 16-week internship opportunity for the spring, summer, or fall semester. We are seeking students who are eager to apply the skills they learned in school and who are passionate about helping others reach their full potential in their fitness journey.
For this program, we use the title Fitness Associate because this role is more than a typical internship. It is an immersive hands-on position that plays an essential role towards our guests achieving their health, weight loss, and fitness goals. We believe in the importance of hands-on learning through our 3-step training program consisting of shadowing, co-teaching, and leading. We encourage individuality and grant fitness associates the opportunity to create and teach their own classes.
Fitness Associates learn something new each week by observing experienced professionals in each dimension of wellness (Fitness, Nutrition, Psychology, etc…). In addition, working with different guests from all over the country (sometimes world), with fitness abilities ranging between a recreational athlete to a first-time exerciser.
A typical day as a fitness associate:
6:50am conduct health screenings & measurements or lead a beach walk
8:00am shift cleaning
9:00am lead a fitness class
10:00am lead a nature excursion
1:30pm assists/co-teach in a fitness class
2:30pm assists/co-teach in small group training
3:30pm lead a fitness class
4:30pm lead a bike ride or afternoon beach walk
Occasional Evening Activity
7:00pm Miniature Golf Outing
- Leading fitness classes including Treading, Aquatics, Tabata, Circuits.
- Assisting in recreational activities including Beach Walks, Kayaking, Nature Excursions, and Pool Volleyball.
- Assisting coaches in small group trainings or classes such as Cardio Boxing, Outdoor Circuit, Strength and Conditioning, and more.
- Conducting weekly weight and measurements.
- Helping maintain cleanliness of studios and gyms.
- Inputting weekly class attendance data.
- Flexible scheduling (Weekend and evening availability).
Skills & Education
- Currently finishing up (or have already finished) a degree in a Health & Fitness related field.
- Students who need an internship to graduate have an advantage in the application process.
- Students doing this internship in their senior year have an advantage in the application process.
- Experience is prioritized: Group fitness, personal training, or other health related certifications; and/or teaching or coaching experience.
- Enthusiasm for helping others and changing lives.
- Ability to adapt and work as a team.
- A passion for learning and self-growth.
Benefits & Pay:
- Paid Internship (Minimum Wage)
- Housing and meals included (small fee deducted from paycheck)
- Meals include lunch and dinner from the Healthy Kitchen
- Housing includes a co-ed furnished cottage, walking distance from the facility
- Daily opportunities to learn from experienced coaches and leaders in each dimension of wellness.
For questions, or to arrange a phone orientation for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!