Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Since 1976, Hilton Head Health has been the leader in wellness innovation. By rethinking what healthy means and where it begins, we have helped hundreds of guests achieve and maintain wellness of mind, body, and spirit. Are you ready to make a true difference in someone’s life while enjoying a positive work environment with SUPERB employee perks, Medical Benefits, PLUS a SIGN ON BONUS .
Our kitchen is team-oriented, offers competitive pay, and is less stressful than most kitchen environments. Our facility closes at 7:00 PM nightly, we serve 35-50 guests per meal service (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
The Lead Cook is responsible for assisting and providing support to the F&B Director. The individual’s primary responsibilities include executing and supporting our nutrition and culinary requirements in a polished and professional manner, supporting our restaurant in inventory coordination (orders, receiving, stocking, and credits), culinary staff supervision, and kitchen organization, and assisting with operational needs.
- A 2-year certification or degree in Culinary Arts required, nutrition degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience as a chef/line cook
- ServSafe certification required
- Preferred TIPS certification, CPR/AED certification
- Basic knife handling and cooking skills
- Ability to speak confidently and correctly about Hilton Health’s nutrition philosophy
- Understanding of Hilton Head Health’s nutrition philosophy
- Ability to work patiently with guests both one on one or in a large group
- Customer service and satisfaction
- Computer skills; ESHA, Word, Outlook, ability to type and edit recipes
- Understanding of kitchen equipment operations
- Takes initiative
- Commitment to quality assurance, safety, and sanitation standards
- Cooperation, teamwork, reliability, organization, time management, schedule flexibility, and attention to detail
- Clear professional written and verbal communication with guests, staff, and outside purveyors
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly problem-solve
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide all units of measure
- Present hands-on cooking classes, private cooking lessons, chef’s tables, cooking demonstrations, nutrition consultations, and private events.
- Assist Executive Chef with determining food presentation and creating decorative displays.
- Preparation and execution of daily menu items while following our nutrition philosophy.
- Follow direction and protocol provided by the culinary management team.
- Set-up/breakdown of Healthy Kitchen classes and events.
- Maintain cleanliness of Healthy Kitchen on a daily basis.
- Assist in recipe development and organization: testing, typing, editing Hilton Head Health recipes, maintaining recipe binders, upscale/downsize recipes as necessary.
- Inventory of all food and equipment necessary to run Healthy Kitchen events.
- Arrive to work on time properly groomed and uniformed for guest interaction. Refer to uniform protocol.
- Assist culinary management in the execution of blog and media requests.
- Represent Hilton Head Health appropriately by consistently delivering the highest quality of service.
- Explore and learn Hilton Head Health’s recipe development process; develop and test recipes.
- Be proactive in managing food and recipe integrity by training and supporting new and current staff in all back of house positions.
- Support all ordering and inventory (produce, Halpern’s, Sysco, US Foods, Sprout Mama, and any additional).
- Support inventory and quality of inventory, ensuring proper storage, rotation, ensure invoices reflect proper cost, and items are returned, communicated properly, and credited promptly as necessary.
- Ability to work expo line for all meal periods as necessary.
- Present operational challenges/ideas with solutions and assist in the execution in a timely manner.
- Assist in the management of employees; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Earned Paid Time Off (9 days paid in your first year, 16 days in your second);
- Health, dental, and vision benefits; with $250 quarterly match in a Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs;
- 5 day work week;
- 50% Employee Discount for spa services at Indigo Spa
$45 to $55K based on experience.